Sunday, January 28, 2007

I have failed.

Well, in my first blog post, I vowed to have a new column up in this space every Sunday so that KCJ readers would not have to change their routines. You might be looking for it right now: maybe it's hiding in the corner? Underneath a photo, perhaps? No, it doesn't exist just yet. I was called away this weekend to work on a story, so my plans went awry. Alas.
But please check back on Tuesday, when there WILL be a column here -- 600 words, same as the KCJ. If there isn't, you can call the police and have me arrested.
Seriously, I just wanted to thank everybody who's bothered to stop by my blog so far. It's been so great and heartwarming to hear from you! I'd always told myself I'd never have a blog -- I mean, what's the point? -- but you've shown me what a cool, interactive thing it can be. So thank you again.
Now it's off to bed -- I have to get up at 4:30 a.m. to catch a plane back to Texas. I really dislike the numbers 4 and 30 right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am enjoying your blog, although today is the first day I have looked it up. Sunday mornings in Redmond aren't quite the same without you. Don't fret if you miss a week. We are all incredibly busy people. Take care of yourself first. C

Darla said...

Thanks, C! I appreciate the very kind words. :) I tend to worry that if I slack off on something, everyone will immediately hate me forever. That's some good, healthy thinking for ya. :) So thanks again for being so nice!