Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Yep, that's Bill Gates


I just found this photo, which was taken in the '90s, while gathering stuff for my new hobby of scrapbooking. When this was taken, I was a reporter for a weekly newspaper (The Enterprise, in Snohomish County) and was given the most-excellent assignment of covering the star-studded opening of Planet Hollywood in Seattle.

Yes, star-studded -- for the opening of a chain restaurant!! They even had a parade! This makes me laugh with glee. How silly we were back in the '90s.

Anyway, the stars in attendance included Billy Baldwin, some Sonics players, Josie Bissett of Melrose Place fame, Brooke Shields -- and BILL GATES.

BILL GATES DROPPED EVERYTHING TO ATTEND THE OPENING OF A PLANET HOLLYWOOD. Cracks me up.

So let's hear it for Bill Gates 2.0, who's more concerned with improving our technological lives and curing the world of poverty. But I sort of like the old version, too. Look how excited he is to be there!

No comments: